The Wootton Bassett Infants’ School Governing Body would like to extend a warm welcome to parents, prospective parents and members of our community.
We are made up of a group of volunteers who all have an interest in our school, The Governing Body includes parents, staff members, and representatives of the community and the local authority.
Our skills and experience are diverse but we share the same aims – to challenge support and value the school in whatever way we can.
We are a Community school and we have twelve governors; two staff governors, three parent governors, five co-opted governors,one local authority governor and an associate member.
The Chair of the Governors is Mr Marcus Farr and can be contacted via the school on 01793 852254.
As governors we make every effort to make ourselves available to parents and will do our best to help with any questions or comments that you have.
The Governors Objectives
Our aim is to work to achieve the aims of the school by:
- Challenging and supporting the Headteacher and Assistant Headteachers in managing the school.
- Seeking to appoint quality staff motivated to meet all the aims and objectives of the school.
- Valuing staff and children and their achievements.
- Promoting a positive image of the school within the wider community.
- Getting to know staff and children better, through regular school visits.
- Securing any available resources to benefit the school.
- Providing external skills and experience to assist in the management of the school.
- Representing the interest of parents.
Together with the Headteacher we have created a 5 year Strategic Objective Plan WBIS Strategic Objectives 2019-2024
How we work
The full governing body meet at least once every term. Minutes of our meetings are available in the school office for anyone to see, once they have been approved. The governing body is divided into sub-committees who them report to the full governing body and make recommendations which are then agreed by the full governing body.