Both Governors and staff have definite aims with regard to the children who will be in our care and these underpin the whole ethos of the school that we want to create.
Parents are encouraged to work in partnership with us in the development of their child, thus strengthening the bond between school and home life. Through this partnership we want to:
• value each child as an individual whose needs are constantly changing and developing
• establish and develop a caring community
• develop within each child an understanding and respect for themselves and others irrespective of race, gender or belief.
Within the framework of the National Curriculum, the children’s learning will be carefully planned and structured so that they will:
• become literate and numerate and achieve a personal excellence in all their activities
• develop as competent, confident learners with an ability to persist at a task
• be proud of their achievements and those of others
• be enthusiastic in all aspects of their learning and have enquiring minds.
We want your child to take with them lasting fond memories of their time at Wootton Bassett Infants. After all . . . . learning should be fun!