At Wootton Bassett Infants School we aim to promote effective learning for all pupils through offering a rich, broad and balanced curriculum. We achieve this through hands on experiences and play-based active learning which takes place in the context of a stimulating and attractive environment. We want your child to take with them lasting and fond memories of their time at Wootton Bassett Infants. After all . . . . learning should be fun!
In delivery of this vision we aim to:
- Nurture children’s spiritual well-being
- Provide a stimulating and attractive environment
- Promote a learning partnership between school, home and the community
- Celebrate diversity, tolerance and inclusion
- Hold a daily assembly to promote spiritual, moral and cultural development
- Establish and develop a caring school community
- Allow children to become literate and numerate and achieve personal excellence in all their activities
- Value each child as an individual whose needs are constantly changing and developing
- Encourage involvement in cluster events such as gymnastics, orienteering and singing festivals
Both Governors and staff have definite aims with regard to the children who will be in our care and these underpin the whole ethos of the school that we want to create.
Parents are encouraged to work in partnership with us in the development of their child, thus strengthening the bond between school and home life.
- We encourage all our children to enjoy and achieve in all aspects of school life
- We strive to develop confident, enthusiastic and effective learners
- We challenge all learners to reach their full potential
- We develop their personalities whilst supporting British values
- We celebrate children’s work and achievements
- We create a harmonious working atmosphere
Our school values are underpinned by our ‘Golden Rules’.
- Are kind
- Are gentle
- Respect and look after property
- Are honest
- Listen to each other
- Try our best
- Are proud of our achievements and those of others
Each class teacher will work with the pupils to agree their own set of “Class Rules” which are underpinned by these core values.
Our Headteacher, Mark Hazzard, along with the Governing body have spent some time and thought into creating a longer term plan for the schools development and progression. Wootton Bassett Infants School Strategic Objectives 2019-2024