Easter Holiday Activities
Home Learning Week Commencing 30/03/2020
And don’t forget to make a rainbow for your window – here’s the one we’ve made at school. We’d love to see yours on the Facebook page.
Oxford Owl Reading
To help you access reading material at home we would like to offer you Oxford Owl. There are 100 ebooks available to read on a computer or tablet and they are the books the children would normally be reading in school.
Click on the ‘My class login’ logo below and follow the instructions to log in using your child’s class login details. You must use the ‘My class login’ icon at the top of the page to log in not the Oxford Owl for home.
The password for all classes is learning . Please note that all login details are lower case.
The home page of Oxford Owl also has a home learning page with top tips and activities that can be downloaded and printed out.
Home Learning Week Commencing 23/03/2020
Their current topic is ‘Dinosaurs’ so any activities surrounding this would be helpful to the children’s learning.
- Putting their spellings into simple sentences.
- Writing the alphabet (also in capital letters)
- Finding out all about dinosaurs and where they lived.
Reception home learning activities CLICK HERE
Their current topic is ‘Once Upon a Time/ Castles’ so any activities surrounding this would be helpful to the children’s learning.
- Putting their spellings into sentences using ‘and’ or ‘because’
- Practise phonic sounds for phase 5.
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s.
- Write stories which take place in castles, perhaps featuring knights, princesses or dragons!
- Create a Fact File about Castles
Year 1 home learning activities CLICK HERE
Their current topic is ‘Roald Dahl’ so any activities surrounding this would be helpful to the children’s learning. https://www.roalddahl.com/museum
- Putting their spellings into sentences using ‘when’, ‘but’ ‘so’ or ‘because’.
- Learning the 2s, 5s, 10s times tables and the associated division facts.
- Write a book review about their favourite Roald Dahl story.
- Write a new chapter for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory featuring their own made up character.
- Though the children will no longer be taking their SATs, working through past papers is a great way to keep their brains working! Past KS1 Assessment papers can be found here PAST PAPERS
Year 2 home learning activities CLICK HERE
Twinkl is a fantastic resource that we use in school daily. They are offering parents access to their site, free of charge, for one month. There are lots of different activities aimed at each year group. To access Twinkl please click on this link https://www.twinkl.co.uk/. Once you have logged in, use the search facility and type ‘Home Learning Packs’. From this page you can access packs for each year group.
In addition to the activities provided, we would like to stress the importance of daily reading, high frequency word reading and practising spellings. Details on how to access the Letterjoin scheme can be found here Letter-joinHomeAccess
At school we get the children outside as much as possible and we would encourage you to do the same. You can find some great ideas for Outdoor Activities
And don’t forget you can practise riding your bike, skipping, going for a walk or just running around in the fresh air. Muddy Puddles also has some great ideas.
There are now many celebrities and fitness instructors including Joe Wicks and the Strictly Dancers that are producing online workouts – try searching on YouTube and get moving!
It would also be a great opportunity for the children to start a new hobby- examples could include knitting, sewing, making dens, looking at flags of the World, Kings and Queens, playing and inventing new board games etc. In addition, it would be great for the children to engage in some sort of physical activity such as making up their own dance or obstacle courses.
Other useful websites
The BBC bitesize website is a brilliant resource BBC Bitesize